Friday, September 19, 2014

7 Quick Takes {no. 26}
a birthday & a change of season

{1}
Well, it's been a while. What better way to jump back in than with a little seven quick takes action?!

{2}
Last weekend it was my birthday! I love birthdays. Do you?

My husband baked me a delicious birthday cake. Chocolate chip cake with chocolate frosting. Yum. If I may just be a proud wife for a second - you have to see this:
{3}
This beauty deserves two takes. A close-up:
Isn't it beautiful? I was so impressed. And it tasted even better than it looked, which is saying something!

{4}
When my birthday comes around, that usually means it's time for my favorite season: autumn.
God's artwork at this time of year never fails to amaze me. 

 {5}
Have you subscribed to Blessed is She? The daily devotions started this month, and I am finding myself more challenged, encouraged and inspired by the word of God and these reflections. If you haven't joined us already, I'd love for you to be a part of the community!
{autumn inspired instagram I designed}

{6}
Another favorite about fall: football. If you would have told me I would ever say such a thing ten years ago I would have said you were crazy, but going to a Big Ten school can change your heart. We cheer for the Michigan Wolverines here in our house. Go blue!

For the game two weekends ago that I'd rather forget (vs. Notre Dame) I did make a pretty yummy treat that I definitely want to remember: homemade pretzels.
Here's the recipe. A little time consuming, but worth it for the delicious factor. Promise.

{7}
Tonight we are going to the Audrey Assad concert here in Brooklyn! Michael got us tickets for my birthday. I am so, so excited. If you've read this blog for very long you know I'm a big fan. Here's a little song I'm hoping she shares tonight:
Have a blessed weekend, friends!







Sign up to receive {in endless song} blog posts via e-mail (see the sidebar), subscribe via bloglovin' or your favorite blogreader, and follow me on twitter & instagram.

5 comments :

  1. Hope the concert is great!! She was just in Michigan this past week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Audrey Assad! So awesome you're going to her concert!! And, Happy *belated* Birthday! Such a beautiful cake your husband made! I don't think I could get a chocolate stacked cake that pretty! And yes, love Blessed is She! It is such a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be trying those pretzels - thanks for sharing the recipe!
    And have fun at the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks delish and so do the pretzels! Enjoy the concert! I'm sure it will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cake.
    Just...the cake.
    Oh, and happy birthday, twinnie. : )

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave a note.

Related Posts with Thumbnails