Friday, April 11, 2014

7 quick takes {no. 13}

It's been a few weeks since I've been here for seven quick takes...glad to be back and linking up with the lovely Jen and many more. (And linking up with Grace in take no. 5.)

{1}
First of all, thank you so, so much to each of you who took the time to leave a comment, write an e-mail or say a prayer for my husband and I in response to yesterday's post. One of the top reasons I decided to start blogging was to participate more in the community of Catholic women I witnessed as a blogreader. I am so grateful for your time and prayers during what is a challenging time for us. Know that I am praying for each of you and your intentions, too.

{2}
We were very blessed to receive some beautiful flowers and plants from dear family & friends after the loss of our sweet baby. Could I share a few pictures with you?

{3}
Cheerful Gerber daisies from a dear friend...

{4} 
A succulent garden from my parents...
I'll share more pictures in coming posts. Something about the freshness and life of plants & flowers just brings me so much joy. I'm grateful.

{5}
Grace asked to hear what song people danced to as their first dance at their wedding, so I thought I'd join in the fun.
Michael & I danced to "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" - the original Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons version. We saw the musical Jersey Boys not too far into our dating relationship (a musical about Frankie & the Four Seasons - super fun show if you ever have a chance to see it!). Since then, it has been our song - which made it a simple choice for our wedding dance.
Former choreographer that I am, I couldn't help but suggest a couple dance moves at key musical moments. :)
{All Wedding Photography by A Thousand Words Photography}
Such sweet memories. I do love my man.

{6}
Did you hear the wonderful news that author & blogger & 7-quick-takes-er extraordinaire Mrs. Jennifer Fulwiler is coming to NYC?? I am so excited about the release of her book. And that she's coming to my current hometown. Yes please. Can't wait. 

{7}
I am really hoping I get to attend Mass this weekend for Palm Sunday after not being able to leave the house the last couple weeks. I am planning a small outing tomorrow as a test run for Sunday. Regardless, I am looking forward to Holy Week and the resurrection of our Lord on Easter! Something to celebrate!

May your weekend be beautiful and blessed...

2 comments :

  1. Blessings to you this weekend, my friend...
    I'm so happy to see all the love you have received.
    You deserve it. : )

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave a note.

Related Posts with Thumbnails