Friday, September 26, 2014

a very, very special 7 quick takes {no. 27}

Happy Friday! And you know what Fridays call for - seven quick takes. {Thank you for hosting, Jen!}

{1}
Last Friday I told you I was going to the Audrey Assad concert here in NYC. Friends, it was so, so very beautiful. I cannot begin to tell you how beautiful. The Holy Spirit was working in a mighty way that night, and I am very grateful to have had the chance to be there.

{2}
If you live in or near Texas, Missouri, North Dakota, Indiana, Colorado, Alabama, Florida, Arizona or California, you should click here to see her tour schedule. It is an evening not to be missed. Truly.

{3}
I told you I was super excited to be attending the concert last weekend, but what I didn't say at the time is that I was also a little nervous. Her Fortunate Fall album is what I listened to many times while lying in bed recovering from our miscarriage earlier this year. When I hear these songs (which I love), it often brings up emotions from that challenging season of my life.

{4}
However, my prayers were answered. That evening of prayer and praise, with Audrey as our leader, was a night of healing for me. The music became fresh and new again as I lifted my voice to the Lord in song:

"You are my shepherd - there's nothing I shall want.
Beside still waters You lead my spirit on,
Your hand beside me no matter where I walk,
Through darkest valley, Your love is not far off."
{from Audrey Assad's "Lead Me On," with lyrics inspired by Psalm 23}
And:
"I put all my hope in the truth of Your promise,
and I steady my heart on the ground of Your goodness.
When I'm bowed down with sorrow, I will lift up Your name,
and the foxes in the vineyard will not steal my joy.
Because you are good to me..."
{from Audrey Assad's "Good to Me"}

So grateful for these truths, and for God's endless love.

{5}
And now, to what makes these quick takes very, very special:

We are overjoyed to (finally!) share with you...

{6}
It feels so great to finally let you in on our little secret!! It's been a bit quiet around here since the summer, but I have an inkling I'll have a lot more to say now that you're in the know. :)

{7}
St. Michael, St. Elizabeth, St. Anne, St. John Paul II, St. Gerard, St. Gianna, St. Thomas Aquinas,
St. Thomas Gianna...all you holy men and women, pray for us.

And, of course, thank YOU for your prayers!

Wishing you a beautiful autumn weekend...





Sign up to receive {in endless song} blog posts via e-mail (see the sidebar), subscribe via bloglovin' or your favorite blogreader, and follow me on twitter & instagram.

13 comments :

  1. That *IS* a very, very special QT!

    :)

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hands down, best QT! Congrats, love, and prayers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooo happy for you!!!!!
    What an amazing blessing!!!!'
    Prayers of thanksgiving, my sweet friend! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What a wonderful blessing! Praying for health for you and baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayyyy congrats! :) So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting Elise!! Prayer for a safe, healthy pregnancy for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! What wonderful news!

    I can't wait to hear more about the baby!! Prayers for a smooth pregnancy and a healthy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful that you found healing in her concert! Her music is filled with so much beauty and goodness! And, Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! So happy and excited for you all! Prayers during this pregnancy for you and sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crazy excited for y'all. Glad it's public!! And hooray for a new life to love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Elise! So happy for you, and I've been meaning to stop by and leave a comment and I can't believe it's been a week already! Praying for you and your sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! I'm so happy for you friend!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave a note.

Related Posts with Thumbnails