Friday, February 7, 2014

7 Quick Takes {no. 9} catching up

I can't believe it's been a week since I've posted here! It was one of those weeks where I was too busy living to be blogging, so let's catch up on what happened this week:

{1}
As I mentioned last week, my family came to visit! My parents, my grandpa, and his friend arrived last weekend and left yesterday. We had such a wonderful visit. Time together is precious, especially since we live so far away from them in this season of my life.

{2}
My family loves the arts, and when they visit NYC we usually attend a few performances.
This trip we were lucky enough to see two Broadway shows:
Matilda the Musical
and
The Bridges of Madison County.
They were two very different musicals, but I really enjoyed both performances.

{3}
We also got to see Rusalka at The Metropolitan Opera, starring Renée Fleming.
{Did you hear Ms. Fleming sing the National Anthem last Saturday?}
The opera was beautiful! In essence it is the operatic version of The Little Mermaid.
Did you know that The Met broadcasts live performances you can see in movie theaters across the country? The opera I saw, Rusalka, is going to be broadcasted tomorrow (Saturday 2/8)!
Click here to find out if it's playing near you!

{4}
In addition to filling up on music & the arts, we also filled up on food. Really good food.
We are never left wanting for more when my family comes to visit!
Isn't this pretty? We went to Blue Bottle Coffee in the meatpacking district of NYC.
{momma & me enjoying our lattes}
{5}
We spent one afternoon toodling around at some shops in the city.
We went to Chelsea Market for part of the day - full post on that coming soon!

{6}
My parents experienced a variety of temperatures & weather during their visit. Their first full day here it was over 50 degrees - so nice! The very next day it snowed 6-8 inches - not so nice.
{view from the Time Warner Center - looking onto Columbus Circle}
Good thing my family members are troopers because it was a slippery, slushy mess out there!
A second round of snow caused them to delay their return by a day for safer travels. It was nice for us to have an extra day to spend with them!

{7}
What a great trip! I was sad to see them go yesterday.
I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family.

Looking forward to a relaxing and rejuvenating weekend...and catching up on all the blog posts I missed this week. Any you particularly enjoyed? Let me know!

2 comments :

  1. So happy you had a wonderful visit with your family, my friend!

    What a wonderful time you showed them. : )

    Stop by my post about the ten random things...I have a sweet surprise for you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elise! You have such a lovely blog! I look forward to following and getting to know you better through your posts. It seems we have some things in common: I'm a music person, too!

    I have an ongoing series about the Saints on my blog right now - I wonder if you might be interested in contributing? Feel free to visit my place and see what the series is and contact me if you are interested in guest posting - I'd love to have you!

    God bless!

    -Sarah
    http://totus2usmaria.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave a note.

Related Posts with Thumbnails