Friday, January 31, 2014

7 Quick Takes {no. 8}

Happy Friday!
You know what time it is. Here are my takes for the week:

{1}
Midtown NYC is a bit crazy (crazier than usual, that is) right now because of the Super Bowl happening near here this weekend. Super Bowl Boulevard in Times Square has been crazy since it opened Wednesday...and the game is not until Sunday! Have you heard about the toboggan run in Times Square? (Yes, toboggan run!) It's HUGE. At $5 a ride, someone is making a whooooole lot of money on this.
{via}
{2}
Can I tell you what I am most looking forward to about this year's Super Bowl?
{via}
This gal.
Do you know who this is? If not, please allow me to introduce you.
This is my favorite opera singer, Renée Fleming.

{3}
This Sunday Ms. Fleming will be the first opera singer ever to sing the National Anthem
at the Super Bowl. I am just so excited!
{picture via}
Come on! She's fabulous, right?!

{4}
In my experience there is quite a bit of misunderstanding...or maybe just a lack of knowledge...
about opera in general. May I just take a quick second of your time to say: opera is so much more than the stereotype (loud-singing vikings or large women wearing horns, for example). Opera singers train for years and years and more years to be able to sing in such a way that their voice will carry to an entire opera house for thousands of people to hear without any additional amplification.
It's pretty amazing if you think about it. Also, going to the opera is not just for fancy people -
opera is for everyone! Have you ever been to the opera? I'd love to hear your experience.
If not, I think everyone should go at least once.
:)
Are you still there? I hope so! Thanks for listening...stepping off my soapbox now...

In any case, don't miss the National Anthem on Sunday so you can hear Ms. Fleming sing!

{5}
Have you noticed this new addition to the blog this week?
If you hover over any image in my blog posts, this little button should pop up in the upper corner.
With one quick click you can pin any post for future reference!

{6}
Do you like carrot cake? I shared a yummy recipe on the blog yesterday.
Speaking of cake, I have plans to share a Valentine's Day cake tradition Michael & I have
sometime soon. Check back soon to find out more.

{7}
I can't believe it's already the last day of January!
However, I must say, I am ready for spring...so bring on February. Are you with me??
AND, my parents and my grandpa & his friend are coming to visit us this weekend in NYC.
We are so excited to spend time with family. It is always such a blessing.

Linking up these seven quick takes with Jen & friends at Conversion Diary.
Have a great weekend!
Keep in touch via instagramtwitter, or by subscribing in the sidebar.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave a note.

Related Posts with Thumbnails