Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Three

The number three seems to be showing up a lot of places in my life lately. The Feast of the Most Holy Trinity had me thinking about our triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. In March (the third month) we became a family of three. Peter is three months old now (how did that happen?), and today Michael and I celebrate three years of marriage. Three years as husband and wife. Three years of God's grace poured upon us in this beautiful sacrament.
{WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY BY A THOUSAND WORDS PHOTOGRAPHY}
The Gospel reading at our wedding Mass was from John:

Jesus said to his disciples:
"As the Father loves me, so I also love you.
Remain in my love.
If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love,
       just as I have kept my Father's commandments
       and remain in his love.

I have told you this so that my joy might be in you
       and your joy might be complete.
This is my commandment: love one another as I love you."

{John 15:9-12}

The way He loves is the way we are called to love. And Jesus gives us this commandment that we may receive His joy - not the joy of this world, but an eternal joy. A joy like no other.

Michael, our joy became a little more complete in this third year as husband and wife. I pray we will continue to grow in joy for the rest of our lives together. Today I renew my commitment to always strive to love you as God loved His Son, and as Jesus loves us. Thank you for loving me even when I fail to do that, and for being so quick to forgive. I am forever grateful you chose me to be your bride.

Happy Anniversary. I love you more than I can say.
  P.S. Just for fun: our two year anniversary post // our love story

3 comments :

  1. Happy anniversary to you both Elise!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate all of your contributions to this blog, one of my favorites. I do think you are doing the right thing by posting. Keep working such this kind of interesting content. Be good!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave a note.

Related Posts with Thumbnails