Friday, July 4, 2014

7 Quick Takes {no. 21} catching up edition!

{1}
Helloooooo, my dear friends! It's been a while! So sorry to have gone quiet for a bit here. It wasn't my intention to be away, but sometimes life has a way of carrying me off to other things. Does that ever happen to you? Happy to be back today for a catch up session - 7 quick takes style!

{2}
I've been spending the majority of my time working on a series of three shows here in NYC that are taking place within the course of a month. The job has been rewarding and fun, but also time-consuming (which is okay while Michael is away in Houston, except for I miss this space!).
{what a day of tech at the theater looks like}

{3}
Last weekend I was able to get away to Wrightsville Beach for a family vacation. The whole family on my mom's side was there, which was quite a feat. There were eighteen of us hailing from Ohio, New York, New Jersey, California, Florida, Texas and Thailand. We had an absolutely wonderful time. It was such a blessing for all of us to be together! I especially loved seeing my immediate family, including my sister who I don't get to see very often since we live on opposite ends of the country.
{the beautiful house where we stayed}

{4}
It was my late Grandmother's request that our family all go to Wrightsville Beach together. We had a memorial service to celebrate her life at the beach one morning. A memory to cherish, to be certain.

We also threw a surprise party to celebrate my Grandpa's 80th birthday.
{sorry for the blurry selfie, but wanted to share this picture of grandpa & me!}
{all set up for the surprise!}
More pictures from the party in an upcoming post...

{5}
Another blessing of the family beach trip: after three & a half weeks apart, I got to see Michael!
Our time together was short, but very sweet. At this point, only sixteen days to being reunited! But who's counting? :)

{6}
I have a prayer request.

Have I introduced you to my mother-in-law {Margie} and my sister-in-law {Malissa}? Here's a picture of the three of us from February 2009:
My sweet sister Malissa was adopted from China. Her "gotcha day" (the day when my in-laws finally got to meet their baby girl) and my birthday are the same day, which I love.
{Malissa & me, May 2014}
Malissa and Margie are currently on a trip to China. It is Malissa's first visit back to her home country. This week they will be visiting Malissa's orphanage and meeting some people who spent the first year of her life with her. Would you say a prayer for them as they make this special and emotional journey? Thanks so much in advance. Y'all are the best.

{7}
Well, friends, that's what I've been up to. Hopefully I'll be writing more regularly in the days to come!

Wishing you & yours a very blessed and...
Linking up at Conversion Diary! Click on over for more quick takes...




Sign up to receive {in endless song} blog posts via e-mail (see the sidebar), subscribe via bloglovin' or your favorite blogreader, and follow me on twitter & instagram.

1 comment :

  1. Sounds like a great vacation at the beach house, especially when family from all over can come!
    Will definitely will your sister/mother-in-law in pray, I'd imagine that would be a lot to take in and experience.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave a note.

Related Posts with Thumbnails