Thursday, May 15, 2014

Lemon Bars {yum}

I just love lemon bars. Especially in the spring and summer, there's something so lovely, light and refreshing about this dessert. This recipe is easy to make and would be perfect for your next family gathering, graduation party, bridal shower...or just for fun!
Lemon Bars
{recipe slightly modified from this one}


{ingredients}
1 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar + 1 1/2 c. sugar
2 c. all-purpose flour + 1/4 c. flour
4 eggs
2 lemons, juiced (~1/2 c. juice)
zest of 1 lemon




{how to}
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

With a mixer, blend together the softened butter, 1/2 cup sugar and 2 cups flour. Dough will be crumbly, as pictured.
Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan (ungreased). Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. It should smell delicious, as this is essentially a shortbread crust. Yum.
While the crust is baking, whisk together 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1/4 cup flour in a separate bowl. Then whisk in the eggs and lemon juice. When the crust is finished baking, remove from oven and pour lemon mixture over the crust.
Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes. After baking, allow to cool. Cut into squares and serve.
I hope you enjoy this delicious treat!

What's your favorite spring or summer dessert? Do tell!




Receive {in endless song} blog posts via e-mail (see the sidebar), subscribe via bloglovin' or your favorite blogreader, and follow me on twitter & instagram.

2 comments :

  1. These look delicious!
    Fresh, light and delicious.
    You know, with all the baking I do,
    I have yet to make these!
    Thanks for the recipe...
    I think Peyton could give these a try!
    Have a cozy evening, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this recipe! I was just thinking of making some of these the other day, believe it or not. I suppose I'll actually have to find the time, now ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave a note.

Related Posts with Thumbnails