Friday, March 7, 2014

7 quick takes {no. 12}

Linking up with Jen & friends at Conversion Diary for another round of 7 quick takes!

{1}
Did you treat yourself on Tuesday? I sure did! My treat for the day was a delicious chocolate chip walnut cookie from Levain Bakery. I gobbled my cookie up before thinking to take a picture, but here are a couple from the bakery's website:
{photo via}

{just look at that melty chocolate goodness inside...YUM! photo via}
It wouldn't surprise me if their cookies weighed a pound each! The pictures don't quite do them justice - they are HUGE. And so delicious. What a treat!

{2}
I hope you had a blessed start to your Lent on Ash Wednesday. I am just so thankful for this Lenten season we have entered. It is a true gift.
{my #ashtag picture}

{3}

This song by music artist Matt Maher (featuring Audrey Assad here) has been a good one for me to listen to as Lent begins. It's one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy.

{4}
I recently went with a friend to a tea shop in the Upper West Side called Alice's Tea Cup (that's Alice of Alice in Wonderland fame). It was such an adorable place for a quiet afternoon of good conversation. Just look how cute the tea cup is! And yes, that's a little bird on my tea pot, holding a tiny sponge under the tea spout to soak up any drips. A cute and cozy spot if you're ever in the neighborhood and would like a refreshing spot of tea!
{decaf herbal chai with milk & honey. delicious.}
{5}
It's been a challenging two weeks for me. My husband Michael has been in Bangladesh for his graduate research, and let me tell you - I have missed him! Since we are one in the sacrament of marriage, it's just so hard to be separated. But! Today he is coming HOME!! I am so happy and excited I can hardly stand myself. Life with him is just the best. I'm blessed & grateful.

{6}
In the meantime, I think I may make these cranberry orange scones for his return. (Did I mention food is one way to my husband's heart?) My mom started making these scones a few years ago, and now I love to make them, too. We make mini scones, so the recipe makes more (bake the small scones for ~8 minutes or until golden brown on top). They're a flavorful treat - great for breakfast or with a cup of tea or coffee. And, they freeze really well - just wrap individually in cling wrap & place in a freezer bag. De to the lish.

{7}
Well, I'm off to do some baking and tidying. Trying to keep busy as I count down the minutes to Michael's return!

Wishing you & yours a blessed weekend!





Keep in touch via instagram, twitter, or by subscribing in the sidebar!

4 comments :

  1. Cranberry orange...my fave!!!!
    Thank you so much for sharing!
    So happy your hubby is coming home to you. : )
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I would just LOVE that tea shop. How enchanting!

    And I'm so glad for you that your husband is home again. Enjoy the scones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Bonnie.. how darling is that!?
    ~ Country Girl's Daybook, recently: These things I love (vol. 4) http://bit.ly/1fbGB3c

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cookie looks delightful! And I love that song by Matt Maher. It's probably my favorite song right now! I always crank it up when it comes on the radio.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave a note.

Related Posts with Thumbnails