Friday, May 23, 2014

7 Quick Takes of Traveling {no. 17}

{1}
You may (or may not) have noticed it's been a little quiet around here the past week or so, but for good reason! There's nothing like 7 Quick Takes on Friday to catch up on everything that's been going on in life. If you follow me on instagram, you might have noticed we went on a trip to the Midwest, which included visiting three states. Here are some more details on what we've been up to:

{2}
The first stop on our trip was Michigan. We had some great quality time with Michael's family. We also took a super-quick trip to our dear college town, Ann Arbor, which has to be one of my favorite places. Ever. Have you been there?
I also got to see one of my very dearest friends from when I was working on my Masters at Michigan, which was such a gift.

{3}
Michael's parents have a cottage on a lake in Michigan, which is oh-so-beautiful. Though it was pretty chilly the weekend we were there, we still enjoyed the peace and quiet of the lake.
Happiness.
{4}
One of the main events last Saturday was my brother-in-law's graduation from college! It was so great to be there for his big day. Congratulations, Matthew!

{5}
The second big event of the day was my soon-to-be sister-in-law's bridal shower! We had such a blast putting together a Paris themed party for her. (She and my brother-in-law fell for each other in the "city of love" while studying abroad.)
Lucky for me, I just love this gal, Jean. So blessed to be gaining her as a sister! I can hardly wait for their wedding in August.

{6}
After a wonderful time in Michigan, we headed down to Ohio for a couple days to visit my parents. We always love spending time with them.

And, of course, since we were in Cincinnati, we had to get our Graeter's ice cream fix. It's necessary!
Strawberry Chocolate Chip...yum!

{7}
On Tuesday, my dad, Michael & I headed down to Kentucky with my dad's parents. The trip meant a great deal to each of us. What a special opportunity to have my grandparents show us around the place where they were born and raised. I especially loved hearing my grandpa talk about all the different "hollers" and direct us "down the road apiece." Yes, please.
We stayed at the beautiful Buckhorn Lake State Park.
We all rode in one car, which meant my grandparents and I shared the backseat. Now if you will please excuse my double chin, how stinkin' cute are my grandparents in their first selfie??
Love them.
After a wonderful trip, we are safely home in NYC as I type this post. It was a very busy, very blessed trip to the Midwest that we will not soon forget. 

Also, a special reminder: Don't forget that this Monday, May 26, begins my Marian linkup. The linkup will be open through May 31, the Feast of the Visitation and the Queenship of Mary. All your posts on our Blessed Mother are welcomed. I really hope you will join me!

Linking up with the wonderful Mrs. Fulwiler & more at Conversion Diary.

Wishing you and yours a blessed and beautiful Memorial Day weekend...




Sign up to receive {in endless song} blog posts via e-mail (see the sidebar), subscribe via bloglovin' or your favorite blogreader, and follow me on twitter & instagram.

7 comments :

  1. What a great trip! And such good photos. I really love that bridal shower idea too, it looks like it turned out really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann Arbor is where we first lived after getting married! Our son was almost born there, too...so we have lots of special memories there. :) And I loooove Graeter's. What a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time! Ahhh, the good ole U of M diag. :) Good times in and around those theaters!
    Country Girl's Daybook: Jesus, Photography, Fashion, & Food

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adventure!
    Thanks for bringing us along...
    Love the time with your grandparents.
    Keep making those memories. : )
    Have a wonderful long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great yrip! And that selfie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 words: LAKE & CAKE!!! Wow, I would love to have a cottage on a lake. *sigh* And, the bridal shower cake and all the decor looks fabulous. What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Paris themed bridal shower, what a neat idea!! Sounds like you two had a great trip...Ann Arbor is definitely a fun town:)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave a note.

Related Posts with Thumbnails