Sunday, December 8, 2013

psalm 1:1, 2, 3 {a series}


"Happy are those who do not follow the advice of the wicked,
or take the path that sinners tread, or sit in the seat of scoffers;
but their delight is in the law of the Lord,
and on his law they meditate day and night.
They are like trees planted by streams of water,
which yield their fruit in its season,
and their leaves do not wither.
In all that they do, they prosper."
{Psalm 1:1, 2, 3}

This weekend I happened upon these beautiful verses of Psalm 1 and felt inspired to start a series where I will write reflections on different passages of scripture. Let me just say...I am not a theologian, nor will I try to be in these posts. Rather, this series will be my reflections...my heart-thoughts - on where God's living word is touching my life, and how it relates to where I am on the journey today.

My hope is that these posts may inspire you to meditate on the same word of God and share your personal response. I would invite you to respond with your own thoughts in the comments section below, or even on your own blog if you have one and want to write a post (then post a link to your blog response in the comments section!).

I am looking forward to starting this series tomorrow, as the Catholic Church will celebrate the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. I'll be reflecting on the gospel passage, which is Luke 1:26-38.

Hope to see you here again soon, and hope you're having a great weekend!


No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave a note.

Related Posts with Thumbnails